A Creamy and Vegan Delight!
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 large Yellow Onion chopped
- 5 cloves garlic minced
- 2 packs White Button Mushrooms
- 1 pack Brown Button Mushrooms
- 2 large Portobello Mushrooms
- 3 tbsp Soy Sauce
- 1 can coconut milk
- 1 tsp Dried Oregano
- 1 tsp Dried Basil
- Himalayan Sea Salt to taste
- Freshly Ground Black Pepper to taste
- Add the coconut oil to a large pot along with the chopped onion, sauté until soft and translucent.
- Next, add the minced garlic and mix with the onions dried oregano and dried basil until fragrant.
- Slice your mushrooms and add to the pot with the Soy Sauce and cover for 10-15 minutes in order to allow the mushrooms to release their water.
- Uncover the pot and cook for another 10-12 minutes.
- Finally, add the coconut milk and cook for a further 10 minutes and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Garnish with some freshly chopped shallots or parsley if desired and serve with toasted baguette.
The beautifully blended flavors of this recipe will have you asking for more than one serving! I usually double up on this recipe as both my husband and I simply love this nutritious, creamy and very satisfying soup. A spoonful of comfort!