HAZELNUT CHOCOLATE FILLED OAT COOKIES
Fulfilling, guilt-free and delicious tasting cookies, made only with healthy ingredients!
For the Hazelnut Chocolate Filling
- 12 Medjool dates (Soaked in hot water for 20-30 minutes)
- 1 cup Roasted Hazelnuts
- 1 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1 cup Water
For the OAT COOKIES
- 3 tsp baking powder
- 1 1/2 tsp Salt (I use Pink Himalayan Sea Salt for added nutrition)
- 6 tbsp coconut oil (Melted)
- 12 tbsp Maple Syrup (or any sweetener of choice)
TO MAKE THE HAZELNUT CHOCOLATE FILLING
- Blend the hazelnuts in a food processor until butter forms, add the soaked dates and cocoa powder and blend for another minute.
- Gradually add 1 cup of water (or more) until you reach the desired consistency.
- Store in a container in your fridge while making the cookies. N.B – You can refrigerate any remaining hazelnut chocolate filling in the fridge to use as a spread
TO MAKE THE OAT COOKIES
- In a mixing bowl, add the oat flour, baking powder and salt mixing all together, then add the melted coconut oil and maple syrup and continue mixing until all ingredients are well incorporated.
- Make equal sized balls in the palm of your hands and begin by pressing half of the balls into flat discs on a baking sheet.
- Bring the refrigerated chocolate filling, scoop a teaspoonful and place in the center of each flattened disc.
- Once done, start by flattening the remaining cookie balls to cover each chocolate covered flat disc to finish off your cookies.
- Preheat your oven to 180 degrees Celsius and bake the cookies for 10 to 12 minutes until golden brown.
N.B – I have doubled up this recipe, which makes around 18 large and thick fulfilling cookies. You can cut the recipe in half for slightly smaller sized cookies. These vegan yet fulfilling yummy cookies make for a great breakfast to enjoy with your coffee or for an afternoon snack!