BUTTERNUT SQUASH & MUSHROOM STROGONOFF
A fulfilling and comforting vegan dish rich in flavor!
- 1 tbsp Coconut Oil
- 3 cups Button mushrooms thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup Red Onion finely chopped
- 4 cloves Garlic crushed
- 1 tbsp Grated Ginger
- 1/2 cup Tomato Sauce
- 2 cups Butternut Squash puree
- 1 can Coconut Milk
- 1 tsp Dried Oregano
- 1 tsp Dried Parsley
- 1 tsp Dried Basil
- 2 tsps Himalayan Sea Salt
- 1 tsp Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- 1 pack uncooked Rigatoni Pasta (I use whole wheat pasta for added nutrition)
- Boil a large pan of water and add the uncooked pasta allowing cooking for 15 minutes.
- While your pasta is cooking, add one tbsp of coconut oil to your saucepan, chop the onions and cook for 8 to 10 minutes until caramelized.
- Add the minced garlic and grated ginger mixing with the onions and sauté for a few minutes until fragrant.
- Add the mushrooms and cook on medium heat until they have softened and shrunk in size.
- Add the spices (Dried oregano, parsley, basil salt & pepper), tomato sauce and mix. Keep stirring for 5-7 minutes
- Add the pureed butternut squash, coconut milk and water. Mix altogether and allow to cook on low heat for 10 minutes.
- Add the cooked pasta and stir for another few minutes.
- Best served hot.
A Creamy & nutrient-loaded comforting dish!