If you're crazy about coconut, this is the recipe for you!
- 180 grams Dark chocolate bar (I use Lindt 70% dark chocolate)
- 2 cups Unsweetened Desiccated Coconut
- 6 Tbsps Coconut Oil (melted)
- 5 Tbsps Maple Syrup (you can also substitute with honey)
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- In a large mixing bowl, add 2 cups unsweetened desiccated coconut and melted coconut oil and start mixing together.
- Add the maple syrup (or honey) and vanilla extract and continue mixing all ingredients until they are well incorporated and the mixture starts coming together
- Take 1 tbsp of your coconut mix, place it into the palm of your hand and press the mixture to form a ball.
- Place your formed balls on a tray with parchment paper and place in the fridge for not less than 30 minutes so they solidify.
- Before removing the bounty balls from the fridge, prepare your melted chocolate to dip the balls.
- Break the dark chocolate bar into small pieces and place into a heatproof bowl.
- Sit the bowl over a pan of barely simmering water (a bain marie) and allow the chocolate to melt, stirring occasionally.
- Once melted, using a fork, start to dip each ball into the chocolate and turning it around until it is fully coated, then place on tray with parchment paper.
- Sprinkle some desiccated coconut on top of each ball and place in the fridge once again for at least 15 minutes.
If you have strawberries and are left with some melted chocolate, you can make dark chocolate strawberry bites as well A yummy, healthy and so very tasty sweet treat!