VEGAN CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES
A healthy guilt-free and delightfully yummy treat!
- 2 cups Whole Wheat Flour (sifted)
- 1/4 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/4 tsp Baking Soda
- Pinch of Himalayan Sea Salt
- 3/4 cup Dark Chocolate Chips (or you can roughly chop half a 70% chocolate bar into small pieces)
- 1/3 cup Maple Syrup
- 1/3 cup Coconut Sugar
- 1/3 cup Coconut Oil (melted)
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 4-5 tbsps Coconut milk (or any non-dairy milk of choice)
- In a medium bowl, mix all dry ingredients and set aside
- In another medium bowl, mix all wet ingredients until evenly combined, WITHOUT adding the coconut milk yet.
- Gradually start pouring the wet ingredients over the dry ingredients, and mix with a spatula until you have a crumbly dough (somewhat still dry)
- One spoon at a time start adding the coconut milk and combining with the dough until fully incorporated and less dry. Your dough should become somewhat sticky.
- Wearing plastic gloves, brush some coconut oil on your hands and start by forming balls in the palms of your hand.
- On a baking sheet, place some parchment paper, and flatten each cookie dough ball into rounds. The cookies will not flatten, but will slightly rise.
- Preheat your oven to 180 degrees Celsius, and bake one baking sheet of cookies at a time for 10 minutes.
Enjoy your vegan, healthy and rich sweet cookies!