CAULIFLOWER & CHICKPEA CURRY
A zesty, succulent and fulfilling dish combining flavor, texture, and nutrition
- 2 Tbsps coconut oil
- 2 Red Onions Thinly sliced
- 1 Head Cauliflower
- 1 Can chickpeas
- 4 Cloves garlic
- 1 inch grated ginger
- 1 1/2 Tbsp tomato paste
- 1 Tsp curry powder (or more depending on desired intensity)
- 1 Can coconut milk
- 1 Cup organic vegetable stock I use Organic
- 1 Lime squeezed
- 1 Red Chilli Optional
- Salt to taste
- 1 Cup Basmati rice
- Cut the cauliflower into small florets, place in a zip bag with 1 tbsp of coconut oil and a pinch of salt and shake until evenly coated. Spread the cauliflower on a baking sheet and place in the oven to bake for 25 minutes until evenly browned and a little crispy.
- In a large pan, add 1 tablespoon of coconut oil with the thinly sliced onions and red chili (if using). While you sauté the onions, combine the minced garlic and grated ginger to form a paste and add to the pan. Continue to sauté along with the onions until fragrant (about 3-4 minutes)
- Add the chickpeas to the pan along with the curry powder and tomato paste and cook for a few minutes. Remove the chili if using and discard before moving on to the next step.
- Add the vegetable stock, coconut milk and salt to taste, stirring all together and finally add in the lime juice and allow to simmer on low heat for another 8-10 minutes.
- Taste and adjust the salt and lime juice to your liking then remove the cauliflower from the oven and allow cooling for a few minutes before adding them to the pan. Stir all together for a couple of minutes and your Curry is ready!
- Cook one cup of basmati rice as per package instructions (I like to use brown basmati for added nutrition). You can mix the cooked rice with some freshly chopped cilantro.
Serve the curry with Cilantro rice and some toasted raw cashews. ENJOY!