CAULIFLOWER TABBOULEH SALAD
Lightness and freshness combined in a bowl
For the Cauliflower Tabbouleh
- 1 medium head Cauliflower
- 1 medium red onion finely minced
- 1 Cucumber finely cubed
- 2 cups Cherry Tomatoes halved
- 1 generous handful Fresh Parsley finely chopped
- 1 handful Fresh Mint finely chopped
- 1/2 cup Pomegranate Seeds
- 1/2 cup Red Radish chopped
- 1/2 cup Pine Nuts Roasted
For the Dressing
- 2 Lemons Juice of
- 1/4 cup olive oil (I like to used chili oil for an added twist)
- 1/2 cup Tahini
- 1 tsp Turmeric
- Splash of water
- Freshly Ground Black Pepper to taste
- Himalayan Sea Salt to taste
Break the cauliflower into florets, thoroughly wash (I usually wash all my vegetables with white vinegar) and add to your food processor.
Pulse until you have finely crumbled cauliflower rice.
As you pulse scrape down the sides of your food processor to have an evenly crumbled batch.
Add to a large bowl once done.
Finely chop the parsley and mint, add to your bowl and mix with the riced cauliflower
Next, finely mince the red onion, cut the cucumber into small cubes and halve the cherry tomatoes. Toss altogether along with the pomegranate and radish to combine.
Toast the pine nuts over low heat (you can add a tsp of olive oil if you wish) until evenly browned and add to your mixture (Leave some aside for garnish)
For the Dressing
Using a medium bowl, add the tahini and mix with a splash of water in order to loosen the dressing a little.
Squeeze your lemons and gradually add to the tahini.
Whisk in the oil and turmeric and mix well
You can garnish your now ready cauliflower tabbouleh bowl with the remaining pine nuts and some additional halved cherry tomatoes and mint leaves.
Add salt and pepper to taste.
Garnish your now ready cauliflower tabbouleh bowl with the remaining pine nuts and some additional halved cherry tomatoes and mint leaves.