WILD RICE & VEGETABLE SOUP
Wild rice is a wonderfully balanced food source with a healthy mix of protein and fiber, combined with delicious fragrant herbs and vegetables, makes for a wonderfully satisfying and comforting bowl of soup!
- 2 tbsp Coconut Oil
- 5 Medium Carrots (sliced into half rounds)
- 5 Celery Stalks (chopped)
- 1 Medium Brown Onion (diced)
- 5 Garlic Cloves (minced)
- 1 pack Cremini Mushrooms (sliced)
- 5 cups Vegetable Broth
- 1 tsp Himalayan Sea Salt
- 1 tsp Dried Thyme
- 1 tsp Sage
- 3 sprigs Fresh Rosemary (diced)
- 1/2 tsp Nutmeg
- Freshly Ground Black Pepper (to taste)
- 2 cans Coconut Milk
- In a large pot, heat 2 tbsp. of coconut oil and add in the diced onion and minced garlic cloves, allow to cook for a few minutes until fragrant.
- Add in the sliced carrots and celery stalks, and let cook for 5 minutes until vegetables are a little tender.
- Next, add the cremini mushrooms, and wild rice along with 1 tsp dried thyme, 1 tsp sage, 1 tsp Himalayan sea salt, 3 sprigs of minced rosemary,½ tsp of nutmeg and freshly ground black pepper to taste.
- Mix all ingredients together and allow to cook for 5minutes, until herbs are fragrant.
- Add in 5 cups of vegetable broth and allow to cook under medium heat for 30-35 minutes or a little longer until the wild rice is tender(feel free to add an additional cup of water if the wild rice is not yet well cooked)
- Finally, add in 2 cans of coconut milk and mix in until well incorporated and cook for an additional 10 minutes.
Comfort, Fragrance, taste, nutrition and satisfaction all in one bowl!