WILD RICE SALAD
An all-time favorite salad, this nutritious bowl of goodness which is a healthy mix of protein and fiber will leave your taste buds dancing with utter satisfaction.
- 3 1/4 cups Water
- 1 cube Vegetable Broth
- 1 1/4 cups Wild Rice
- 1/2 cup Dried Cranberries
- 1/2 cup Golden Raisins
- 1/2 cup Green Onions (chopped)
- 1/3 cup Pine Nuts (toasted)
- 1 Orange (zest of)
- 1/4 cup Freshly Squeezed Orange Juice
- 2 tbsp Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1/4 cup Olive Oil
- Himalayan Sea Salt (to taste)
- Freshly Ground Black Pepper (to taste)
- In a medium sauce pan, add rice, water and vegetable broth and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium and simmer until rice is well cooked and tender. Transfer rice to a large bowl and allow to cool.
- Once rice has cooled, mix in the cranberries, raisins, chopped green onions, toasted pine nuts, parsley and orange zest.
- To make the sauce, in a small bowl, whisk together the orange juice, apple cider vinegar and oil. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Pour the dressing over the rice salad, cover, refrigerate and allow to marinate for several hours before serving.
Wild rice is abundant with nutritious goodness and a source of powerful antioxidants! Make sure to add this super grain into your nutrilitious diet to reap its many benefits