VEGGIE COMFORT SOUP
This hearty veggie soup is pure comfort, and loaded with fresh veggies and flavor!
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 red onions (chopped)
- 2 thumb-sized pieces ginger (peeled & chopped)
- 6 cloves garlic (chopped)
- 4 sticks celery (chopped)
- 3 large courgettes (sliced in halves)
- 3 carrots (peeled & sliced)
- 2 limes (juice of)
- 2 cans coconut milk
- Himalayan sea salt (to taste)
- Pinch of freshly ground black pepper
- Drizzle of olive oil
- In a large pan over medium heat, add 2 tbsp of olive then add the chopped onions and garlic. Allow to cook for 5minutes until fragrant, then add the celery, carrots along with a pinch of salt and let cook for 10minutes until vegetables become soft.
- Next add the sliced courgettes and chopped ginger. Mix with the other ingredients and allow to cook for another 5-10 minutes.
- Then you add the coconut milk, lime juice with Himalayan sea salt & freshly ground black pepper to taste mixing all together. Allow to simmer for another 15 minutes
- Remove from heat and blend the soup either with a hand blender or bullet. Once smooth pour back into the pan and heat for another 5minutes.
A bowl full of nutrilicious delight to keep you warm any time of the year, especially comforting in colder weather !