Colorful vegetables brought together to form a tasty and Nutrilicious dish!
- 1 pack Lo-Mein noodles (for this recipe I have used whole wheat spaghetti)
- 4 tbsps Sesame oil (each 2 spoons are used seperately)
- 2 Carrots (julienned)
- 2 cups Broccoli florets
- 1 Red Bell Pepper (julienned)
- 2 cups Cremini Mushrooms (sliced)
- 1 inch Ginger (finely grated)
- 4 cloves cloves garlic (minced)
- 2 cups Snow Peas
- 6-7 pieces Baby Corn (julienned)
- 1 tbps Sesame Seeds
For the Sauce
- 6 tbsps Low Sodium Soy Sauce
- 3 tbsps Oyster Sauce
- 1 tsp Red Chilli Flakes
- 3 tbsps Rice Vinegar
- 2 tbsps Sesame oil
- 3 tsps Honey (or any sweetener of choice)
- 1 tsp Corn Starch
For the Garnish
- Chopped Green Onions
- In a large pot, boil water and cook the Lo Mein noodles, or spaghetti till well done. Once done, drain, rinse and toss over with 2 tbsps of sesame oil to prevent them from drying and set aside.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine all the sauce ingredients (OMITTING the cornstarch) and whisk until well combined, and set aside.
- In a large wok, over medium heat, add the remaining 2 tbsps of sesame oil, the minced garlic and grated ginger. Cook for 30 seconds until fragrant then add the carrots, mushrooms, bell pepper, broccoli and half the sauce. Cook until vegetables are tender, then add the snow peas and baby corn and stir to combine.
- Add the remaining sauce and the 1 tsp of cornstarch to thicken the sauce (if you feel the sauce is not thick enough, you can add another ½ tsp of cornstarch).
- Allow all ingredients to cook for another minute, then add in the noodles or spaghetti and 1 tbsp of sesame seeds, and toss all ingredients together allowing the sauce to coat, using tongs.
- Taste and add in more soy sauce or oyster sauce if desired.
- Garnish with chopped green onions and sesame seeds.
This is one colorful and tasteful dish, rich with ingredients and filled with fulfilling goodness and nutrition!