VEGAN STRAWBERRY & BLUEBERRY LOAF
This so very light and fluffy cake makes for a perfect sweet treat filled with berries which are rich antioxidants and is also filled nutritious benefits from flaxseed & made with only clean ingredients.
- 1 cup Oat Milk
- 1/4 cup Flaxseed meal
- 1 ½ cup All-purpose flour (You can also sub with whole wheat flour)
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/4 tsp Bicarbonate of Soda
- 1/2 tsp Himalayan Sea Salt
- 1/2 cup Softened Coconut Oil
- 1 cup Demerara Sugar (You can also use coconut sugar)
- 1 tsp Vanilla Essence
- 1½ cup Mixed frozen Strawberries & Blueberries
- Begin by mixing the flaxseed meal with the oat milk in a small and set aside for 10 minutes.
- In a medium bowl, sift the flour, baking powder, baking soda & salt.
- In another larger bowl, add the sugar & coconut oil and mix together until the sugar dissolves and both ingredients are well combined. Add the oat milk & flaxseed mixture, and vanilla essence and continue mixing until ingredients are well incorporated.
- Gradually begin mixing the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and finally fold in the frozen strawberries and blueberries.
- Preheat your oven to 180C and grease your loaf pan with a little bit of coconut oil.
- Pour the batter into the loaf and spread evenly.
- The batter will be a little sticky and will get cold from the frozen berries, use your spatula to spread it evenly.
WARNING! you might not be able to stop at just one piece 🙂