VEGAN POTATO CURRY
If you are a fan of curry, this is the dish for you, the curry flavors combined with the coconut milk make this a dish rich in nutrilicious flavor!
- 4 Potatoes (peeled and cut into cubes)
- 2 tbsp. Olive Oil
- 1 Brown Onion (diced)
- 3 Cloves Garlic (minced)
- 2 tsp Ground Cumin
- 1/8 tsp Cayenne Pepper (Optional)
- 1½ tsp Curry Powder
- 1 inch Fresh Ginger (grated)
- 2 tsp Himalayan Sea Salt
- 1 can Diced Tomatoes
- 1 can Chickpeas
- 1¼ Frozen Peas
- 1 can Coconut Milk
- 1/2 cup Cashews / optional (cut into halves & toasted)
- Put the cubed potatoes into a pot of salted water and boil for about 15 minutes until cooked but not too tender. Drain and set aside
- Heat the olive oil in a large pan or wok over medium heat, and add the diced onions and minced garlic allowing to cook for 5 minutes until soft and fragrant.
- Add in the cumin, curry powder, cayenne pepper (if using),grated ginger and salt and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes, chickpeas, potatoes, and frozen peas, mixing all ingredients together.
- Add in the coconut milk, the toasted cashews and bring to a simmer for 10 minutes.
Enjoy this succulent dish, with some brown rice or fluffed quinoa!