VEGAN FRUIT CAKE RECIPE
This is one of my all-time favorite cakes, rich in flavor, full of nutritious dried fruits and nuts, and completely guilt-free!
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 cup coconut sugar
- 4 tbsp water
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 100 ml coconut milk or any plant-based milk of choice
- 8 ½ tbsp coconut oil melted
- ¼ cup golden raisins
- ¼ cup dried apricots chopped into small cubes
- ¼ cup walnuts
- ¼ cup Goji berries optional or you can substitute with dried cranberries
- 7 Medjool dates pitted and chopped
- Pinch of sea salt
- Begin by mixing 1 tbsp of chia seeds with 4 tbsp of water, then set aside for 10 minutes to thicken
- In a large bowl, mix together all dry ingredients, flour, bicarbonate of soda, baking powder, coconut sugar, nutmeg, cinnamon and salt.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the melted coconut oil and coconut milk, then pour into the dry ingredients and whisk all ingredients together until well incorporated.
- The mixture should seem lumpy, thick and dry.
- Pour the batter into a baking cake tin and bake for 30 minutes or slightly less so as not to dry the cake too much.
- Once done, allow to cool before serving.
You simply cannot resist a yummy slice with your cup of coffee!