VEGAN ANISE BISCOTTI
The amazing flavor of anise makes this biscotti recipe a winner. Filled with the goodness of dried figs, almonds and flaxseed this yummy treat is a must try!
- 1/4 cup Oat Milk (or any plant-based milk of choice)
- 5 tbsp. Flaxseed Meal
- 3/4 cup Brown Cane Sugar
- 3/4 cup Olive Oil
- 1 tbsp. Vanilla Extract
- 2½ cups Whole Wheat Flour
- 1½ tbsp. Anise Seeds
- 3/4 tsp Himalayan Sea Salt
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 3/4 cup Slivered Almonds
- 1 cup Dried Figs (Chopped)
- 1½ tbsp. Hot Water
- In a medium sized bowl, mix together the oat milk, ground flax, sugar, olive oil and vanilla extract. Mix well until all ingredients are well incorporated. Set aside
- In another bowl, whisk the whole wheat flour, baking powder, salt and anise seeds together, then add the wet ingredients and mix until well combined.
- Add the almonds and chopped figs and mix until everything comes together and is well combined. Might be easier to use your hands to mix the dough.
- Finally add in the 1 ½ tbsp. of hot water and mix again.
- Roll the dough to form a log and place in a plastic wrap in the refrigerator allowing it to set, for at least 1 to 2 hours (you can also keep it overnight)
- Once chilled and ready to bake, remove the plastic wrap and cut into small sized biscotti, and place on a baking tray.
- Preheat your oven to 180C and bake the cookies for 20 to 25minutes until golden brown.
Allow to cool and enjoy these rich tasting anise biscotti with your afternoon coffee!