The Garden Pizza
The Garden Pizza
From forming the dough, to rolling it out, to layering it with toppings, to the fragrance that come from its baking, The Garden Pizza is love on a plate.
For the Homemade Sauce
- 2 tsps Dried Basil
- 1/2 tsp Onion Powder
- 2 tsps Dried Oregano
- 2 tsps Garlic Powder
- 1 tsp Paprika
- 1/2 tsp Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- 2 cans Cherry Tomatoes
For the Dough
- 2 cups Whole Wheat Flour (makes one medium & one small pizza)
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp Sugar
- 1 tsp Instant Yeast
- 3 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup Warm Water (You might need to use less than 1 cup)
For the Toppings
- 1 medium red onion (Thinly Sliced)
- 250 grams Cremini Mushrooms (Thinly Sliced)
- 1 Red Bell Pepper (Thinly Sliced)
- 1 Yellow Bell Pepper (Thinly Sliced)
- 1/2 cup Pitted Green Olives
- 5-6 sprigs Fresh Wild Thyme
- Grated Mozzarella Cheese
- Grated Parmesan Cheese
Making the Pizza Dough
- Making the Pizza Dough In a large bowl, add the whole wheat flour, salt, sugar, yeast and mix altogether. Add 3 tablespoons of Olive oil, and start mixing with the dry ingredients.
- Gradually start adding the lukewarm water, bit by bit, to the rest of the ingredients and mix until you start forming a dough. Be careful not to over add water as the dough will become
- Add a little bit of olive oil to your hands and knead the dough for a few minutes.
- Once you have formed the dough cover with a cloth and allow to rest for 25 minutes
- After your dough has rested, divide into 2 pizza baking pans (I normally use one medium and 1 small pizza pan for this quantity)
- Divide the dough into 2 balls as per each pan size, then grease your dishes with a bit of olive oil and begin flattening the dough with your hands, starting in the center and working outwards
- Brush the top of your dough with a little olive oil, allow to rest for 5-10 minutes. Transfer your pans to a preheated oven and allow to cook for 5 minutes before adding the sauce and building your pizza.
Build your Pizza
- Remove the dough from the oven, and generously spread your homemade sauce evenly.
- Start by adding your ingredients mushrooms, red onions, bell peppers, olives, and wild thyme. Place back in the oven for 10 minutes until your vegetables are a little roasted.
- Remove the pizza, and add the grated mozzarella and parmesan cheeses and return to oven until you have a crispy golden top.
- Once your pizza is out of the oven and ready to serve, add some baby arugula tossed with some spicy olive oil.
What’s better than a slice of pizza yum full of goodness!