The Garden Pizza
From forming the dough, to rolling it out, to layering it with toppings, to the fragrance that come from its baking, The Garden Pizza is love on a plate.
For the Homemade Sauce
- 2 tsps Dried Basil
- 1/2 tsp Onion Powder
- 2 tsps Dried Oregano
- 2 tsps Garlic Powder
- 1 tsp Paprika
- 1/2 tsp Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- 2 cans Cherry Tomatoes
For the Dough
- 2 cups Whole Wheat Flour (makes one medium & one small pizza)
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp Sugar
- 1 tsp Instant Yeast
- 3 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup Warm Water (You might need to use less than 1 cup)
For the Toppings
- 1 medium red onion (Thinly Sliced)
- 250 grams Cremini Mushrooms (Thinly Sliced)
- 1 Red Bell Pepper (Thinly Sliced)
- 1 Yellow Bell Pepper (Thinly Sliced)
- 1/2 cup Pitted Green Olives
- 5-6 sprigs Fresh Wild Thyme
- Grated Mozzarella Cheese
- Grated Parmesan Cheese
Making the Pizza Dough
- Making the Pizza Dough In a large bowl, add the whole wheat flour, salt, sugar, yeast and mix altogether. Add 3 tablespoons of Olive oil, and start mixing with the dry ingredients.
- Gradually start adding the lukewarm water, bit by bit, to the rest of the ingredients and mix until you start forming a dough. Be careful not to over add water as the dough will become
- Add a little bit of olive oil to your hands and knead the dough for a few minutes.
- Once you have formed the dough cover with a cloth and allow to rest for 25 minutes
- After your dough has rested, divide into 2 pizza baking pans (I normally use one medium and 1 small pizza pan for this quantity)
- Divide the dough into 2 balls as per each pan size, then grease your dishes with a bit of olive oil and begin flattening the dough with your hands, starting in the center and working outwards
- Brush the top of your dough with a little olive oil, allow to rest for 5-10 minutes. Transfer your pans to a preheated oven and allow to cook for 5 minutes before adding the sauce and building your pizza.
Build your Pizza
- Remove the dough from the oven, and generously spread your homemade sauce evenly.
- Start by adding your ingredients mushrooms, red onions, bell peppers, olives, and wild thyme. Place back in the oven for 10 minutes until your vegetables are a little roasted.
- Remove the pizza, and add the grated mozzarella and parmesan cheeses and return to oven until you have a crispy golden top.
- Once your pizza is out of the oven and ready to serve, add some baby arugula tossed with some spicy olive oil.
What’s better than a slice of pizza yum full of goodness!