QUINOA BEET DELIGHT WITH GINGER LIME DRESSING
Rainbow colors combined in one Nutrilicious Superfood Bowl !
FOR THE QUINOA
- 2 cups Quinoa (uncooked)
- 4 medium Beets (Boiled & grated)
- 1/2 cup Green Onions (Chopped)
- 1 cup Bell Peppers (I use red and yellow bell peppers) - diced
- 1/4 cup Pumpkin Seeds
- 1/2 cup Freshly chopped Parsley
- 1/2 tsp Sea Salt
- 1/2 tsp Black Pepper
FOR THE GINGER LIME DRESSING
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 clove garlic (chopped)
- 3-4cm Fresh Ginger (grated)
- 1 bunch Cilantro
- 1 tbsp Liquid Sweetener of choice (Agave, Honey, Maple Syrup)
- 1 Lime (Juice of)
- 2 tbsp Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 tbsp Fresh Mint leaves (chopped)
- 3/4 cup olive oil
- Himalayan Sea Salt to taste
- Freshly Ground Black Pepper to taste
- Rinse the quinoa and combine it in a pot with 4 cups of fresh water, cover and let boil.
- Once your quinoa is cooked and cooled, add some salt and pepper to taste and mix in the grated beetroot. Mix well using your hands until your quinoa turns completely red.
- Add in the chopped green onions, pumpkin seeds, diced bell peppers, parsley and any additional ingredient of choice.
- For the ginger lime dressing, combine all ingredients in a bullet or food processor and pulse until you have a creamy and very green dressing.
Note: (I usually double up the quantity for the dressing to have some additional sauce as it is yummy) Combine all the health benefits of Beetroot, quinoa, pumpkin seeds and the remaining ingredients, and you have a superfood and nutritious bowl to enjoy! Packed with essential nutrients, beetroots are a great source of fiber, folate (vitamin B9), manganese, potassium, iron, and vitamin C. Beetroots have been associated with numerous health benefits, including improved blood flow, lower blood pressure, and increased exercise performance. Combine beetroot with the very nutritious quinoa grain which is very high in fiber, protein and essential amino acids, along with pumpkin seeds which are packed with valuable nutrients such as magnesium, zinc and also an excellent source of fiber and you have all the nutrients you need in one super Nutrilicious and colorful bowl