SWEET POTATO FAJITAS WITH QUINOA AND AVOCADO DIP RECIPE
SWEET POTATO FAJITAS WITH QUINOA AND AVOCADO DIP
This recipe is one colorful dish, filled with nutritious benefits! A great recipe for meal prepping for a busy week ahead.
- 1 Large sweet potato (cut into "fries" like shape)
- 2 Medium red onions (sliced)
- 1 Red Bell Pepper (cut into slices)
- 1 Green Bell Pepper (cut into slices)
- 4 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 tsp Himalayan Sea Salt
- 1 tsp Paprika
- 1/2 tsp Freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 tsp Cumin
- 1/8 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1/8 tsp Cayenne
- 1 1/2 cups Quinoa
FOR THE AVOCADO DIP
- 1 Large Avocado (mashed)
- 1 Lemon or Lime (Juice of)
- Himalayan Sea Salt (to taste)
- Freshly Ground Black Pepper (to taste)
- Drizz;e of Olive Oil
TO MAKE THE SWEET POTATO FAJITAS
- In a small bowl combine all spices and stir together (set aside)
- Cut the sweet potato into fries shape, the bell peppers, and slice the red onions
- Spread the sweet potatoes into 1 pan and the remaining vegetables in another.
- Sprinkle the seasoning mixture onto both pans and drizzle each pan with 2 tbsp. of olive oil, then mix to coat evenly.
- Preheat your oven to 180 degrees Celsius and bake the vegetables for 25-30 minutes or until tender.
- While the vegetables are baking, place 1 ½ cups of Quinoa ina medium sized pan, cover with 3 cups water and allow to cook
TO MAKE THE AVOCADO DIP
- In a medium sized bowl, mash the avocado, add the squeezed lemon juice, a drizzle of oil, Himalayan sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste and mix all ingredients until well incorporated.
- Once your vegetables are done, serve with a side of cooked quinoa and avocado dip.
Sweet Potatoes are a great source of fiber, vitamins, minerals, and rich in antioxidants Quinoa is a super grain, high in protein and very nutritious. Avocados are healthy fats and a nutrient-dense food. Combine all those ingredients in one plate and reap the nutrilitious benefits of a delicious meal.