SWEET POTATO & CARROT GINGER SOUP
A nutritious and delicious vegetable, sweet potatoes are packed with vitamins and medicinal benefits, while carrots are nutrient-dense and rich in antioxidants, fiber, beta carotene, and other vitamins and minerals, which makes the perfect heartwarming and comforting bowl of soup!
- 2 Sweet Potatoes (cubed)
- 2 Carrots
- 1 Large Onion (diced)
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 3 cloves garlic (minced)
- 3 tbsp Fresh Ginger (grated)
- 1 can coconut milk
- 3 cups Vegetable Broth
- 1/2 tsp Cinnamon
- 1 tsp Thyme
- Himalayan Sea Salt (to taste)
- Freshly Ground Black Pepper (to taste)
- Begin by prepping your vegetables, cube the sweet potato and cut the carrots into rounds. Dice your onion, mince the garlic and grate fresh ginger to make the equivalent of 3 tbsp.
- In a large pot, heat 2 tbsp of coconut oil and add the diced onions, allowing to cook until translucent and tender, add the grated ginger and minced garlic allowing to cook for a few more minutes until fragrant.
- Add the chopped vegetables, cinnamon, thyme, sea salt, and freshly ground black pepper and mix altogether until all ingredients are well incorporated.
- Add in the vegetable stock and cover with a lid, allow to cook for 20-25 minutes until vegetables are tender.
- Finally, add the coconut milk and allow to simmer on low heat for an additional 5 minutes. Turn off the heat, and puree the soup using an immersion blender.