SALTED DARK CHOCOLATE TART
If you're a chocolate lover, this is one succulent tart you won't want to miss out on!
FOR THE CRUST
- 2 cups Almond Flour `
- 1/4 cup Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
- 1/4 cup Melted Coconut Oil
- 3 tbsp Maple Syrup (or sweetener of choice, honey, agave etc)
- 1/2 tsp Himalayan Sea Salt
FOR THE CHOCOLATE FILLING
- 1 can Coconut Milk
- 450 grams Dark Chocolate about 2 and ½ large chocolate bars(I use 70% dark Lindt chocolate for cooking)
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1/4 tsp Himalayan Sea Salt
To make the crust
- In a mixing bowl, mix together the almond flour, cocoa powder and sea salt, then add the melted coconut oil and maple syrup and continue mixing all ingredients until evenly combined.
- Press the crust mixture in a medium sized tart pan, and bake for 12 minutes at 180 degrees Celsius, until the crust begins to get firm and dry.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool.
To make the Chocolate filling
- Heat the coconut milk over low heat until it simmers.
- In a medium sized bowl, break the chocolate bars into pieces, and pour over the heated coconut milk.
- Wait for 30 seconds, then slowly begin to stir until the chocolate melts completely and you have a melted and smooth chocolate filling. Stir in the vanilla extract and salt until combined.
- Pour the chocolate filling over the baked crust and smooth the top until even.
- Refrigerate for a minimum of 2 hours or until the chocolate filling becomes firm. You can top your tart with any berries of choice (strawberries, raspberries, blueberries etc., coconut flakes, flaky sea salt etc.
This decadent and delicious vegan tart, tastes absolutely heavenly!