OAT & ALMOND COOKIES
No refined sugar is added to these healthy oat and almond cookies, they are naturally sweetened with dates and raisins, making them super healthy and giving you a fulfilling & sweet cookie to enjoy!
- 1 cup Soft Pitted Dates
- 1 1/2 cup Whole Raw Almonds
- 3 cups Rolled Oats
- 1/3 cup Raisins
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 1 tsp Himalayan Sea Salt
- 2 tsp Cinnamon
- 1 cup Coconut milk (canned)
- 4 tbsp. Coconut Oil (melted)
- 2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- In a food processor, add the raw almonds and blend until grainy (they do not need to be super fine)
- Add the oats and continue mixing along with the grainy almonds until you have an almond-oat flour mix.
- Next, add the dates to the food processor & continue mixing until your dough becomes crumbly.
- Empty the dough mixture into a large bowl and add the baking powder, salt and cinnamon and mix until all ingredients are well incorporated.
- Add the coconut milk, coconut oil & vanilla extract to the dry ingredients and mix well to combine.
- Refrigerate the dough for 30 minutes to 1 hour to allow the dough to firm up.
- Finally, place some baking paper on a large baking tray and shape the cookies into flat circles with the palm of your hand or any desired shape.
- Preheat your oven to 180C and bake for 12-15 minutes.
This recipe makes around 35 medium-sized cookies. For less quantity, cut the recipe in half. Enjoy for your breakfast or afternoon snack!