KALE PASTA VEGAN RECIPE
A rich-flavored and amazingly nutritious leafy green pasta with simple yet powerful ingredients !
- 1 pack Pasta of choice I haveused pappardelle pasta for this recipe
- 1 pack Kale leaves
- 1 cup Cooking water
- 3 tbsp Pine Nuts
- 1 cup Basil leaves
- 4 tbsp Nutritional Yeast
- Himalayan Sea salt (To taste)
- Black Pepper (To taste)
- In a medium sized bowl, add the kale to boiling water andallow it to cook and become tender for about 5 minutes. Once this is done,drain the kale and reserve 1 cup of cooking water to use for the sauce.
- In another saucepan, toast your pine nuts until golden brown, for about 4 minutes and set aside
- Using a bullet or blender, add the cooked kale, along with the cooking water, your basil leaves, toasted pine nuts and nutritional yeast.
- Top with Himalayan Sea salt and a generous amount of black pepper and blend until you have a smooth consistent and beautiful green sauce.
- Cook your pasta in salted boiling water and once ready drain and pour the sauce over and stir to combine using tongs and you have a mouth watering pasta ready to be devoured!
- Top with chili olive oil, black pepper and some parmesan cheese (if not vegan) and enjoy this extremely nutritious leafy green pasta full of fiber,antioxidants, and vitamins!
Enjoy a beautifully green and amazingly nutritious pasta filled with yummy ingredients and loaded with vitamins !