COCONUT TURMERIC RICE RECIPE
COCONUT TURMERIC RICE
Add a little healthy and flavorful twist to your rice with this easy and Nutrilicious recipe!
- 2 cups Brown Rice
- 1 tbsp. Coconut Oil
- 1 Yellow Onion (chopped)
- 4 Garlic Cloves (minced)
- 1 tsp Turmeric
- 1 tsp Thyme (or 3 fresh thyme sprigs)
- 2 Carrots (cut into small cubes)
- 1/2 cup Green Onions (Chopped)
- 1 can Coconut Milk
- 2 cups Vegetable Broth
- 2 Limes (Juice of)
- Himalayan Sea Salt (to taste)
- 1/4 Cilantro (chopped)
- 1/2 cup Raw Cashews (toasted)
- In a large cooking pan, heat 1 tbsp of coconut oil and add the chopped yellow onion and garlic.Allow to cook until soft and fragrant
- Add the turmeric, carrots, green onions and thyme and stir all together allowing to cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the rice and stir with the remaining ingredients until the rice is fully coated with the turmeric.
- Add the vegetable broth and salt to taste and cover allowing to cook for 10 minutes.
- Add the coconut milk, stir and bring to a boil, then cover and let the rice simmer until tender and well cooked.
- Once done, add in the lime juice, fluff the rice with a spoon and allow to cool
- Toast the raw cashews in the oven until golden brown and top the rice with the chopped cilantro and cashews.
A perfect dish to enjoy with a lemony side salad !