BEETROOT HUMMUS RECIPE
Why not add a colorful and Nutrilicious Twist to your traditional hummus with the vibrant color of the beetroot?!
- 1 can Chickpeas drained (or 400g boiled & cooked chickpeas at home)
- 1 Large Beetroot (cooked & grated)
- 1/2 cup Tahini
- 1 Lemon (juice of)
- 2-3 cloves Garlic (minced) / optional
- 4 tbsp. Olive Oil
- Himalayan Sea Salt (to taste)
- 1/3 cup Pine Nuts (toasted)
- Sprinkle of Sunflower Seeds
- Sprinkle of Pumpkin Seeds
- Boil the beetroot for about 1 hour until well cooked. Once done, allow to cool, then peel and grate it and set aside
- Drain your chickpeas and place in a food processor along with the grated beetroot, minced garlic, tahini, lemon juice, salt and blend.
- Add a dash of water as you blend and gradually add the olive oil until well incorporated.
- Adjust salt to taste and garnish with a drizzle of oil, freshly chopped greens of choice, pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds and lightly toasted pine nuts.
- Serve with Crudités and toasted pita chips
Enjoy this vibrant side dish and reap the health benefits of chickpeas and beetroot!!