CHOCOLATE BANANA SPONGE CAKE RECIPE
CHOCOLATE BANANA SPONGE CAKE
A light healthy treat, so delicious and nutritious !
- 3 Medium Bananas (mashed)
- 1/4 cup Maple Syrup
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract (or orange extract)
- 1/2 cup Plant-based milk of choice (I use coconut milk)
- 1 cup Whole wheat flour
- 2 tsp Baking Powder
- 1 tsp Cinnamon Powder
FOR THE CHOCOLATE GLAZE
- 4 tbsp. Cocoa Powder
- 3 tbsp. Maple Syrup
- 5-7 tbsp. Water
- 4 tbsp Tahini
- Pinch of Sea Salt
- Start by mashing the bananas and mixing all wet ingredients together, mix dry ingredients in a separate bowl, and gradually begin adding the dry ingredients to the wet and mix thoroughly together until well incorporated.
- Preheat your oven at 180 degrees Celsius and line a baking dish with parchment paper, pour in the batter and transfer to oven. Allow to bake for 25 – 30 minutes.
- In the meantime, mix all chocolate glaze ingredients together.Once the cake is fully baked, remove from oven and allow to cool completely before spreading the glaze on top.
You can store this cake in the fridge and enjoy this healthy treat with your morning coffee or afternoon snack.